Mobile use has been increased from last 10 years throughout the world. There are several reasons for it. Mobiles help to connect a people with other and a nation with other nation. Good connection is necessary between all developing nations as it is important for their regular and proper growth. Mobiles can play a significant role between the connections of different countries. Investments in infrastructure have skipped the landline phase, and mobile towers have proven cheaper, easier to install and cover vast areas of countryside that would otherwise have been inaccessible. This has contributed to a massive surge in demand for mobile devices.
Nowadays, having mobile not only gives you a happy feeling but it can change your life style completely. Modern mobiles have numerous features that can be used for communication, education, and economic prosperity. You can now get broadband in parts of the desert. If you need it.
Here we have collected some up to date really neat figures that will show you the state of the mobile landscape across the world.
- In 2014 Global mobile data traffic grew 69%.Global mobile data traffic reached 2.5 exabytes per month at the end of 2014, up from 1.5 exabytes per month at the end of 2013. According to analyses "Every person on the planet uses over 350MB per month". And this figure is nearly doubling each year.
- North Korea had the lowest penetration of smart phones in the world previously. But within the last 5 years, North Korea uptake the mobile usage over 2.5 million users, however they are still beyond the wage level of many citizens. But with 24.9 million citizens they equate to just over 10% of the population.
- Eritrea now has the lowest penetration of mobiles per person in the world. There are just 6 connections per 100 users, symptomatic of poor infrastructure as well as low income.
- Hong Kong got the second number in the world for mobile penetrations. The most recent statistics show that there are now over 230 connections per 100 citizens. The next nearest country is UAE with just over 200 connections per 100 citizens.
- Macau is not exactly a country. It is a tiny region with over 600,000 citizens. But all its residents love mobile devices. In 2014, there are 323 devices per 100 users across the country.
- People love YouTube and use it to watch videos on mobiles. That's why Mobile video traffic exceeds 50 percent of total mobile data traffic as of end 2014.
- Here is last but most interesting statistic on global mobile usage. Although 4G connections represent only 6 percent of mobile connections today, they already account for 40 percent of mobile data traffic.