It is possible to add the "m" to your domain name if you're a customer with EveryDNS.
To make this work please add a CNAME record to your domain name so visitors can be redirected to your mobile website. And please replace the word example.com with your own domain name.
Add the "m" to your domain name
Add to your DNS the following CNAME record:
m.example.com CNAME lb.site.mobi
m.example.com is your mobile website
www.example.com is your PC website
LB in lb.site.mobi stands for Load Balancer of our mobile cloud platform.
DNS instructions for EveryDNS
- Log in to your account at EveryDNS.net
- On the left side, click the domain you’d like to use with your mobile website
- Since EveryDNS.net is your hosting service, and not your domain registrar, be sure that your domain points to EveryDNS.net’s nameservers. This will allow your CNAME record configuration to take effect
- Below Add a Record, you can create your CNAME record
- Next to Fully Qualified Domain Name, enter m
- Select CNAME as the Record Type
- Enter lb.site.mobi as the Record Value
- Click Add Record
If you're unable to add the CNAME please send this email to the EveryDNS support desk.
Check if the DNS for your mobile site is correct
How can you check yourself if you made the correct settings in your own DNS?
Please continue to read about it on the following page: Check your DNS.
And now continue with Step 3
With the switcher code you create a piece of HTML code to ensure that your visitors automatically get the PC version or the mobile version of your website, depending on the device they use.
Well-known Control Panels
Did it work?
How does it work with ...
Support & Email
I need your help!
You went over the manual a thousand time but it still doesn't make any sense? All you have to do is ask us for help!