It is possible to add the "m" to your domain name if you're a customer with Network Solutions.
To make this work please add a CNAME record to your domain name so visitors can be redirected to your mobile website. And please replace the word example.com with your own domain name.
Add the "m" to your domain name
Add to your DNS the following CNAME record:
m.example.com CNAME lb.site.mobi
m.example.com is your mobile website
www.example.com is your PC website
LB in lb.site.mobi stands for Load Balancer of our mobile cloud platform.
DNS Instructions for Network Solutions
- Go to www.networksolutions.com
- Click the Account Manager tab at the far right of the top menu
- Select Log In from the drop-down menu
- On the Account Manager Login page, enter your User ID and Password (which may have been referred to previously as a User Name or Account Number)
- Click the Domains left menu tab
- Click Manage Domain Names
- Select the check box next to the domain you’re using with your mobile website
- Click Edit DNS
- On the DNS Manager Settings page, in the Host Aliases: CNAME Records section, click Add/Edit. As Alias, enter m. As the Host Name, enter lb.site.mobi
- Click Continue
If you're unable to add the CNAME please send this email to the Network Solutions support desk.
Check if the DNS for your mobile site is correct
How can you check yourself if you made the correct settings in your own DNS?
Please continue to read about it on the following page: Check your DNS.
And now continue with Step 3
With the switcher code you create a piece of HTML code to ensure that your visitors automatically get the PC version or the mobile version of your website, depending on the device they use.
Well-known Control Panels
Did it work?
How does it work with ...
Support & Email
I need your help!
You went over the manual a thousand time but it still doesn't make any sense? All you have to do is ask us for help!