It is possible to add the "m" to your domain name if you're a customer with Register.
To make this work please add a CNAME record to your domain name so visitors can be redirected to your mobile website. And please replace the word example.com with your own domain name.
Add the "m" to your domain name
Add to your DNS the following CNAME record:
m.example.com CNAME lb.site.mobi
m.example.com is your mobile website
www.example.com is your PC website
LB in lb.site.mobi stands for Load Balancer of our mobile cloud platform.
DNS Instructions for Register
- Log in to your account
- Under the My Accounts tab, click on the domain for which you would like to create a CNAME record
- Under the Advanced Technical Settings heading, click Edit Domain Alias (CNAME)
- Enter m in the first box that is immediately to the left of your domain name
- Enter lb.site.mobi in the box to the right
- Click Continue
- Review what you typed in and click Continue to confirm
If you're unable to add the CNAME please send this email to the Register support desk.
Check if the DNS for your mobile site is correct
How can you check yourself if you made the correct settings in your own DNS?
Please continue to read about it on the following page: Check your DNS.
And now continue with Step 3
With the switcher code you create a piece of HTML code to ensure that your visitors automatically get the PC version or the mobile version of your website, depending on the device they use.
Well-known Control Panels
Did it work?
How does it work with ...
Support & Email
I need your help!
You went over the manual a thousand time but it still doesn't make any sense? All you have to do is ask us for help!