It is possible to add the "m" to your domain name if you're a customer with GoDaddy.com
To make this work please add a CNAME record to your domain name so visitors can be redirected to your mobile website. And please replace the word example.com with your own domain name.
Add the "m" to your domain name
Add to your DNS the following CNAME record:
m.example.com CNAME lb.site.mobi
m.example.com is your mobile website
www.example.com is your PC website
LB in lb.site.mobi stands for Load Balancer of our mobile cloud platform.
To Access the Zone File Editor
- Log in to your Account Manager
- Next to Domains, click Launch
- Do one of the following:
- From the Tools menu, select DNS Manager, and then click Edit Zone for the domain name you want to update
- Click the domain name you want to update, and, in the DNS Manager section, click Launch
To Add a CNAME Record
- Go to the Zone File Editor for the domain name you want to update.
- Click Add New Record. The Add DNS Record window displays
- From the Record type list, select CNAME (Alias)
- Complete the following fields:
- Enter an Alias Name — The subdomain name for the alias assignment m
- Points to Host Name — The host name you want the alias to point to lb.site.mobi.
- TTL — Select how long the server should cache the information 3600
- Click OK
- Click Save Zone File, and then click OK. The new CNAME record displays in the CNAME (Alias) section
If you're unable to add the CNAME please send this email to the GoDaddy support desk.
Check if the DNS for your mobile site is correct
How can you check yourself if you made the correct settings in your own DNS?
Please continue to read about it on the following page: Check your DNS.
And now continue with Step 3
With the switcher code you create a piece of HTML code to ensure that your visitors automatically get the PC version or the mobile version of your website, depending on the device they use.
Well-known Control Panels
Did it work?
How does it work with ...
Support & Email
I need your help!
You went over the manual a thousand time but it still doesn't make any sense? All you have to do is ask us for help!